“A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place”
Whilst we all have to stay at home for a little while to stay safe, it doesn’t have to mean we can’t enjoy a memorable Doltone experiences for mothers day! We all know mums deserve a break, so why not make lunch for mum? It only comes around once a year, so when it does you have to make it count. After all, our mums do so much for us and this is the one day each year that’s all about them.
Enjoy a Doltone meal journey for Mother’s Day Lunch during quarantine with our gloriously, creamy and flavourful risotto recipe complete with wine pairing. Since we are unable to host our annual Mother’s Day luncheon during the pandemic, our executive catering team have been busy in the kitchen creating classic Italian dishes and our beverage manager has perfected some matching liquid desserts for you to create.
If you are unable to gather, there are plenty of ways to video chat with your mum on Mother’s Day (FaceTime, Zoom, Skype etc.), so why not set up a date for you both to enjoy? An idea is to go through our recipes below step by step with mum on the other end of your mobile phone/tablet. With some creativity and preparation, you can give your mum a special and memorable Mother’s Day culinary experience.
Wishing all mothers and their loved ones a happy, safe and healthy Mother’s Day.
With love, Doltone House
80g Double smoked ham
100g Brown onions
100g Frozen peas (thawed)
4 Cloves of garlic
200g Aborio rice
200g Unsalted butter
1L Chicken stock
100g Grana padano parmesan cheese
1/2 Bunch of parsley
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Melt half of the butter in a heavy-bottomed pan or pot, add crushed garlic and finely chopped onions. Cook until soft.
2. Add rice and constantly stir until it is coated in butter, onion and garlic.
3. Heat stock and lightly season with sea salt.
4. Add 200ml of hot stock to the rice and stir gently over medium heat until all the liquid is absorbed. Then add another 200ml of stock and so on 3 times, until the rice has a creamy consistency.
5. Dice ham and add with peas with the last 200ml of stock.
6. When the rice has absorbed all the liquid, taste to see if it is al dente (firm to the bite).
7. Remove from heat add in the remaining butter, parmesan cheese, parsley and stir vigorously to create a creamy texture. Taste and add more sea salt if required.
8. Plate up risotto. Garnish with freshly cracked pepper, generous amount of grated parmesan and micro-herbs for that fine dining touch.
9. Buon Appetito!
– If your risotto is not al dente, add in a ladle of stock or hot water.
– The end result should be flowing in consistency, not thick or stodgy.
– Homemade chicken stock is always a better result and lower in salt.
– You can substitute Aborio rice with Carnaroli which has a higher starch content to absorb liquid better and result in a creamer consistency. However it is harder to find in the supermarket.
– Play Pavarotti in the background and serenade your mum!
Pale coral in colour with argyle pink hues, there are aromas of fresh quince, raspberry and white chocolate, grapefruit blossom and sea spray. A savoury yet moreish palate, full of Alpine strawberries, preserved lemons and grapefruit pith. Enjoy with chargrilled squid and salsa verde.
Our “White Chocolatini Quarantini” or White Chocolate Martini —is an outstanding liquid dessert drink to enjoy with Mum this Mother’s Day. Similar to the chocolate martini, we substituted the regular chocolate liqueur to a white chocolate liqueur to create a rich, creamy cocktail with a beautiful mix of vanilla and white chocolate that you’re sure she would love.
30ml Vanilla vodka
60ml White chocolate liqueur
White chocolate shavings
1. Gather your ingredients.
2. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the vodka, white chocolate liqueur, and cream.
3. Shake at least 30 seconds to fully incorporate the cream.
4. Strain into a well-chilled cocktail glass.
5. Top with white chocolate shavings.
6. Serve and enjoy!
For the children or non-alcoholic drinkers, be treated with the matching ‘mocktail’ – a delicious White Hot Chocolate! Likewise with the White Chocolatini Quarantini, we’ve swapped regular milk chocolate with white chocolate for a little more indulgence!
1 Mug milk of choice
35g White chocolate
1/4 tsp Vanilla essence
Whipping cream and mini marshmallows
1. Heat the milk until boiling.
2. Grate chocolate finely with a garter/knife.
3. Pour boiled milk into mug and mix in the chocolate, then add the vanilla.
4. Stir all together and top with whipping cream, marshmallows and chocolate syrup for that decadence finish!
Complementing Jones Bay Wharf’s heritage charm is our split-level exclusive space SoHo. Award winning designer Greg Natale’s New York inspired studio design is ideal for family and friend gatherings, meetings and mingling with elevated harbour views.
SoHo features floor to ceiling windows and 2 outdoor decking areas overlooking the water, under festoon lighting.
Book a ‘virtual appointment’ and speak with one of our friendly and professional team members to view our venues from the comfort of your home!