WHAT’S ON

COVID19 – Update

We’re COVID Safe!

Last updated 15 June 2020 5:00PM


It’s been a long couple of months it’s time to start planning your event!

At Doltone House, the safety of our clients, guests, suppliers, employees and their families is always our top priority. We are incredibly excited to reopen our amazing venues in a controlled and responsible way!

To ensure the safety of everyone we have implemented a few changes (in accordance with the advice from the NSW Health Department, State and Federal Governments).

In preparation for the welcome return of running Doltone House events for you, our esteemed client, precautionary measures are in place and new ones have been recently implemented within all Doltone House venues.

We continue to work with the public health authorities as well as State and Federal governments to respond to all new relevant information and advice as restrictions continue to ease.

We are adapting to these changes, and continue to implement every necessary precaution to ensure the safety and comfort of clients, guests and employees which we have outlined in our COVID Safety Management Plan.

Stay safe & well
Doltone House


Formal Update From Doltone House Regarding Reopening The Events Industry

Last updated 10 June 2020 3:00PM

Following the meeting held on Thursday 28th May 2020 at Doltone House between a coalition of venues, chaired by CEO Wes Lambert of our peak industry body Restaurant & Catering Association (R&CA), a number of venues came together to collaborate on our COVID-19 Reopening Best Practice Guidelines for Function Centres and Caterers. The R&CA presented our proposal to Government last week for their consideration. We eagerly await the outcomes of the discussion with Government to reopen in a healthy and safe way for our clients, guests, employees, suppliers and the function centre industry at large.

Stay safe & well
Doltone House


COVID Rules Set To Govern Weddings


Last updated 4 June 2020 5:00PM

(As published in The Daily Telegraph on 3 June 2020)

Wedding guests would need to practice social distancing on the dancefloor and there would be strict rules for cutting the cake, under a plan presented to government to open the events to as many as 100 people.

Industry put the proposal to the state government’s restriction-busting ministers yesterday in an effort to reboot the sector, which generates $1 billion of activity in the state each year.

Up to 20 people can now attend weddings in NSW, but the industry is calling for further easing of restrictions, in-line with rules for pubs and clubs.

Restaurant and Catering Industry Association CEO Wes Lambert said the 6,500 people employed in events and catering have been hit hard by the pandemic.

“There is an opportunity to safely reopen these types of events to get business back in business and people back to work,” Mr Lambert told The Daily Telegraph.

Under the proposal for COVID-safe weddings, caterers and staff would follow similar hygiene practices as restaurants and pubs.

Couples would need two wedding cakes – one for the ceremonial cutting, and one for serving to guests.

Even the dance floor would operate under strict COVID conditions.

“Social distancing should be followed with reasonable exceptions in place (e.g. first dance, father-daughter dance),” the proposal to government says.

“If we keep them the guidelines upfront, (clients) will be compliant,” Doltone House Group Executive Chairman Paul Signorelli said.

“Even if we have to open up differently, at least there’s a celebration taking place.”

Senior ministers wouldn’t be drawn on the proposal when contacted by The Daily Telegraph last night.

“Easing of restrictions is subject to expert health advice. Any proposal received by the NSW Government will be considered in consultation with Health NSW,” a government spokesman said.

The Doltone House group, which runs 30 event spaces and employs 500 people, has had to put its events on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Mr Signorelli said event planners should at least be able to operate under the same rules as pubs or clubs, which are able to cater for up to 50 people per dining area.

“If anything, we are more controlled,” Mr Signorelli said.

“We know exactly who’s in the room (and) who they are related to.”

Even if restrictions are lifted by July, Mr Signorelli said larger weddings are unlikely to take place until later in the year.

“Give us the opening dates, give us the consent to open. And that way we can gradually build from that,” he said.

While weddings are still on hold, suppliers are also feeling the pinch, Mr Signorelli said.

“My butcher, my baker, my cake decorator, my cake supplier, the florist, even the DJ … unless we open up, these other businesses won’t survive.”


Reviving The Venue Industry


Last updated 28 May 2020 4:00PM

Listen to our Executive Chairman Paul Signorelli on the Alan Jones 2GB Breakfast Show today on “reviving the venue industry”.

Stay safe & well
Doltone House


We Are Ready When You Are!


Last updated 27 May 2020 18:00PM

It’s been a long couple of months – It’s time to start planning your event!

At Doltone House, the safety of our clients, guests, suppliers, employees and their families is always our top priority. We are incredibly excited to reconnect with you and have re-opened our amazing venues in a controlled and responsible way.

To ensure the safety of everyone we have implemented a few changes (in accordance with the advice from the NSW Health Department, State and Federal Governments). Your appointment will be a little bit different to the normal Doltone experience.

We have implemented the following measures:

– Encouraging all visitors to have the COVIDSafe App installed on their device(s)

– Installed signage and floor markings to help reinforce good hygiene practices

– Maintaining a visitor register for all visitors attending our appointments

– Monitoring employee and visitor temperatures upon arrival

– Keeping the distance between people (wherever possible staying 1.5m apart)

– No physical greetings or shaking hands

– Managing daily visitor numbers to ensure social distancing, so all clients must to make an appointment either over the phone or online.

– Installed sanitising stations to help guests adhere to social distancing and hygiene guidelines

– Equipped our refreshment station with disposable coffee cups and water bottles

– Accepting contactless payments only

– Undertaking additional cleaning – particularly around lifts, bathrooms, food service areas and hard surfaces in all our spaces (including door handles, railings, lift buttons)

– Offering virtual appointments if clients feel they are not ready to visit us in person with the click of a button you’ll be able to experience virtual appointments!

Important notes:

– If you have been asked to self-isolate or are showing flu-like symptoms, you won’t be able to enter Doltone House.

– If you do feel unwell on the day of your appointment please advise our office to reschedule your appointment for another date.

Should the advice change we will amend our plan accordingly. Our rooms boast amazing styling ideas and our sales representatives cannot wait to meet you! Our 50 year celebrations are in full swing, so what are you waiting for?


Stay safe & well
Doltone House


We Are Open


Last updated 13 May 2020 09:00AM

Doltone House venues are open for business! Our friendly and professional team are excited to meet you for a private tour of our spaces and discuss your upcoming event at our Sydney South, CBD or Sydney Harbour locations. We are monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak as it evolves and continue to follow the Australian Government Department of Health advice regarding the safety of our employees and clients. You can be assured that we will be taking all necessary health and safety measures in the preparation to your private appointment.

You may also like to experience our “Virtual Appointment” where our event experts are available to chat to you online.

We look forward to welcoming you in our venues or online to discover the world of Doltone. Click on the enquires button or contact us on 02 8571 0622 to organise a private appointment.

Stay safe & well
Doltone House


Let’s Go Virtual


Last updated 27 March 2020 09:00AM

We are extremely proud to say that within the past week, we’ve worked together with our clients to postpone impacted events to a future date. It’s a testament of our passion and ethos and enforcing the calibre of our brand in being able to deliver a very reasonable, generous and practical solution to our loyal clients during this unprecedented time.

Whilst we still believe there is no better meeting than face-to-face, we fully support social distancing and are now able to facilitate a virtual appointment. During the virtual appointment, clients can discuss suitable venues, dates, catering and also get a tailored proposal sent after their virtual appointment.

Enquiries and Appointments

🟒 Our team continue to facilitate new enquiries from all clients

🟒 At this time we still welcome in-person appointments, however we wish to limit this to no more than 3 people (in total) and respect the social distancing guidelines as communicated recently by our leaders.

🟒 We will be offering virtual appointments to all our clients (if required) as a precaution and an extra measure of social distancing. Please speak with your sales representative for further information and suitability for a virtual appointment.


Let’s Give Each Other A Break


Last updated 24 March 2020 12:30PM


In the Prime Minister’s words: “If you have booked a wedding, or booked a trip, understand the person you booked it with they’re going through a hard time too. What we need to do is give each other a break, at the moment and sit down and just work through these issues practically as Australians, understanding that if you force your issue, you make some else’s issue harder; which at the end of the day, is going to make your issue harder at the end of it, so it’s very important that Australians work together practically.”

Our team are contacting clients around the clock, and you may receive a call after hours. We appreciate your patience during this extraordinary time. Let it be said that we do not use the term ‘extraordinary’ lightly, as a family business we will do the right thing by you.

The situation regarding COVID-19 and the restrictions around mass gatherings continues to evolve – further measures were introduced by the Prime Minister to help slow the spread of COVID-19, including a ban on non-essential indoor gatherings of 100 or more effective 5pm 18 March. Social Distancing rules are in place and are being enforced, and National Cabinet is meeting today to discuss possible further restrictions.

As per the Government Gazette of NSW No. 50 relating to Public Health (COVID-19 Mass Gatherings) Order, and at this stage ban ends 16th June 2020. Our teams are actively communicating with all our clients with confirmed events until 16th June in chronological order of event date. We are monitoring the situation very closely and will follow up as the situation develops.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.


We’re All In This Together


Last updated 20 March 2020 9:30AM

Due to the unprecedented situation, we are experiencing a high volume of calls, many of which require lengthy, tailored conversations. Our intention is to work towards the best interest of each and every one of our clients, to ensure the original events proceed with the same Doltone Experience we have maintained over the last 50 years.

Our team are contacting clients around the clock, and you may receive a call after hours. We appreciate your patience during this extraordinary time. Let it be said that we do not use the term ‘extraordinary’ lightly, as a family business we will do the right thing by you.

The situation regarding COVID-19 and the restrictions around mass gatherings continues to evolve – further measures were introduced by the Prime Minister to help slow the spread of COVID-19, including a ban on non-essential indoor gatherings of 100 or more effective 5pm 18 March. Social Distancing rules are in place and are being enforced, and National Cabinet is meeting today to discuss possible further restrictions.

As per the Government Gazette of NSW No. 50 relating to Public Health (COVID-19 Mass Gatherings) Order, and at this stage ban ends 16th June 2020. Our teams are actively communicating with all our clients with confirmed events until 16th June in chronological order of event date. We are monitoring the situation very closely and will follow up as the situation develops.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.


Recent Prime Minister’s National Address Regarding Indoor Gatherings

Last updated 19 March 2020 2:00PM

We are aware of the outcome from the Prime Minister’s national address at 9:30am on Wednesday 18th March regarding the update on Coronavirus measures. Since the release of the Government Gazette of NSW No. 50 relating to Mass Gatherings we are actively communicating with all our clients with confirmed events until 16th June in chronological order of event date.

We are responding to all other client queries and requests as quickly as we can and appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.

Currently we are monitoring the situation very closely and will follow up as the situation develops.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.