You’ve been tasked with planning your company’s next cocktail party. You want the party to reflect well on the company and blow guests away, but you’re not sure how to go about it. If the purpose of the party is to raise employee morale, a great place to start is with an event theme. Having a themed corporate event doesn’t just mean fancy dress. It sets a tone for your party and enables your guests to relax, have fun and express their personalities. We’ve seen some amazing themed cocktail parties at our venues over the years, but there are some that stand out from the rest. Read on to discover five of the best event themes for corporate cocktail parties.
1. BEACH PARTY – Everyone loves a beach party, where the weather is hot, the drinks are cold, and the colours are bright. Bring the fun of summer to your corporate event, with palm trees, pool toys and rainbow coloured sea life. Life-saving towers, tiki hut bars, and tropical birds will make the perfect beach party setting.
2. FUTURISTIC – Bring the future to the present with lasers, robots, and space like styling. The key to this event theme is to go OTT on the lighting. Take your guests on an intergalactic experience and opt for glow furniture, blue lights and plenty of neon. Don’t forget to get your guests to dress to impress with their best futuristic look.
3. HOLLYWOOD – Roll out the red carpet and dazzle your guests with a night of fame and elegance that will bring out your inner star. A light up Hollywood sign is mandatory, best enhanced with oversized golden award statues, red roses, and a champagne tower. Organise a photo booth for the chance for guests to be snapped like they’re on the red carpet.
4. CIRCUS – The perfect theme for a refined occasion, we’re not talking about the kind of circus with clowns and jugglers. Go high-end with aerialist performers and roaming characters. Or perhaps you would enjoy having your drinks poured by champagne chandeliers. Retro food stands, and ticket booth buffets will complete the theme, so dress to impress and get ready to marvel at the evening’s performers.
5. MASQUERADE – This is a famous theme for all kinds of events. Style your venue to resemble an en grande masquerade hall filled with elegant lighting and plenty of texture. Feathers, draping and oversized masquerade masks will create the setting, then ask your guests to bring a mask or two for an evening of glamour and intrigue.
A one-stop shop for event planners, we are pleased to offer all Doltone House clients the convenience of in-house styling services for corporate events. For event styling enquiries please contact our in-house stylist directly on (02) 8543 6099
Still not convinced on theming your next corporate cocktail event? Read our post on the three reasons an event theme is more important than you think.